WHERE YOU MATTER TO GOD, AND TO US.
Sunday School: 9:00am Sunday Morning Worship: 10:00am
grow in your faith
THE CHILD STAGE
Growing Relationships from Self-Centered to Others Centered
Growing in our Love for God
SPIRITUAL GROWTH REQUIRES A FOCUSED EFFORT
1. Jesus said that it requires WORK (John 6:26-27)
2. Paul wrote in his letters that we are to WORK and to PRESS ON (Philippians 2 and 3)
3. Peter writes in his letters that it requires diligence: paying proper attention to the task given to you (2 Peter 1:5-10)
If we are to be spiritually healthy, then we are to GROW spiritually.
WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS!
a. God is at work in us from salvation to the end (Philippians 2)
b. The GOAL is to be “CHRIST-LIKE” (Romans 8:29)
c. We have the HOLY SPIRIT to guide us and strengthen us (John 14:16-17)
WE ARE STRENGTHENED BY GOD
1. God has given us the HOLY SPIRIT, so we are EMPOWERED (Acts 1:8)
2. God has given us spiritual ARMOR (Ephesians 6)
3. Christ strengthens us (Philippians 4:13)
How do we do this??? - Study God's Word, Pray, Be a part of God's Community (Church), & Lead Others to Christ
Growing in Love for People (Small Groups)
LEARNING We need to learn, so we submit to teaching, and we need to be accountable to others. This is key in living out our Christian lives.
IT'S AN INVESTMENT Investing in a Small Group studying God's Word and sharing life will bring about growth in your life today.
Grow a Servant's Heart
BEING SELFLESS Ministering to those in the church and the community,
sharing the gospel and showing others what that looks like